Today I’m about to share one of Dave’s favorite recipes (he loves it when I cook these for him 😉 )
The thing I love the most about this recipe is the combination of those lovely spices that just leave you’re mouth watering for more
ROASTED BELL PEPPER STUFFED WITH QUINOA
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 4 Bell Peppers
- ½ Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup Carrots, grated
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1 tbsp. Dried Parsley
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Ground Cumin
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cut the top of the peppers and discard membrane and seeds. Reserved the top for later.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add carrots, spinach and parsley. Let spinach wilt then stir in cinnamon, cumin and cooked quinoa. Toss gently to combine.
5. Add salt, pepper and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Set aside to let filling cool until warm.
6. Divide quinoa mixture evenly among the 4 bell peppers. Top each pepper with its reserved top then arranges them upright in a glass-baking dish.
7. Cover snugly with foil and bake for about 1 hour, checking halfway through, until peppers are tender and juicy.
8. Transfer to plate and serve.
Give it a shot and let me know how you find it 🙂
PS: If you like this one, you’re gonna LOVE the 250+ recipes in Metabolic Cooking. Be sure to grab a copy