MAKES 4-6 SERVINGS
• 1 bunch Fresh Basil
• 2 Avocados, pitted
• ½ Cup Pine Nuts
• ½ Lemon, juiced
• 2 Cloves Garlic
• 3 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
• 16-24 oz. Shrimp (serving suggestion)
• Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a food processor add the basil, avocados, pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic cloves and olive oil.
2) Process until smooth and creamy.
3) In a saucepan, heat a tbsp. of olive oil and sauté shrimps until they turn pink, then season with the spices of you choice. I like using Cajun spices.
Note: Serve immediately because this dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce that turns black after a while.
(Per serving with shrimp)
Protein: 6 g
Carbs: 3 g
Fiber: 4 g
Fat: 22 g
Please let me know how your recipe tasted in the comments below. 🙂