Easy Pepper Steak
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
· 1 ½ pounds Beef Round Steak, cut in strips
· ¼ Cup + 1 Tbsp. Whole-Wheat Flour, divided
· ¼ Tsp. Pepper
· 1 Cup Chopped or Sliced Onion
· 1 ½ Cups Green Bell Pepper, sliced in 1/2 –inch strips
· 1 Clove Garlic, minced
· 1 Can no-salt-added Diced Tomatoes
· 1 Tbsp. Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
· 1 Tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
· 3 Tbsp. Water
1. In a mixing bowl, combine ¼ Cup flour and pepper. Toss with beef until well coated. Transfer in slow cooker. Add in onions and green pepper slices. Mix well.
2. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Pour into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. One hour before serving, turn to high. Combine remaining 1 tbsp. flour and water to make smooth paste. Stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook until thickened.
Let me know how you liked this recipe by leaving a comment in the box below 🙂