NO-GUILT ONION RINGS
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
- 2 Sweet Onions, sliced thickly
- ½ Cup Whole-Wheat Flour
- ½ Cup Buttermilk (½ Cup milk + ½ Tbsp. White Vinegar)
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. In a wide shallow bowl, place half of the flour.
3. In another shallow bowl, mix the remaining flour with the buttermilk and egg. (combining milk with vinegar makes buttermilk)
4. In a bowl, mix the panko breadcrumbs, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
5. Dredge the onion slices in the flour, dip them in a mixture batter and dredge them in the breadcrumbs.
6. Place the onion slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 12-16 minutes, until golden brown.
Carbs: 64 g
Leave a comment in the comment box below and let me know how you liked this Tasty Tuesday No Guilt Onion Ring Treat 🙂